- Time of issue:2020-02-07 00:00:00
Kidnap & Ransom Response
Foreign nationals working in hostile overseas countries are facing an ever-increasing kidnap and ransom threat. We can help.
HXZA is the industry leading Kidnap and Ransom (K&R) response service provider based in China. We successfully manage and resolve worldwide crisis situations for an array of global clients across the construction, maritime, hospitality, extractives, academic, and diplomatic sectors-- either retained directly or as exclusive service provider to their underwriters, lawyers, or bankers.
The company's K&R response services leverage our experts?decades of experience serving the most elite agencies in hostage negotiation, ransom delivery, rescue, extraction and repatriation. In addition, HXZA's K&R team works closely with our cyber division to offer ransomware negotation and response.
With a global operating footprint and network of support staff including negotiators, tactical operators, and logisticians available 24/7/365, we are well positioned to respond K&R situations and related crises in real-time anywhere in the world.
Hostile elements around the world, including violent criminal organizations and terrorist groups, have long targeted foreign workers, businessmen and diplomats in kidnappings for ransom along with high-value assets such as ocean-going vessels and cargo. For the past decades, Europeans, Israelis and Americans have been the most targeted victims of such attacks.
Now, with China's rapid rise on the world stage, ubiquitous infrastructure projects spanning the globe, and expansive Chinese-led networks throughout the Belt-and-Road Initiative countries, Chinese nationals have become highly attractive targets in the eyes of perpetrators.
HXZA's clients appreciate the risk in this paradigm shift and rely on HXZA's suite of services to meet their duty-of-care obligations protect their employees; and in the event of a kidnap and ransom situation, leverage HXZA's unparalleled capabilities to ensure a successful resolution in their favor.
HXZA K&R Response Standard Operating Procedure
1. Establish a crisis management fusion center to liaise with the abductors and manage information-flow between the client, victims?families, underwriters, lawyers, relevant authorities, and media, if appropriate.
2. Allocate negotiation tasks to one of HXZA's highly trained and experienced hostage negotiators with years of success in releasing foreign workers from abduction in the subject country, with the requisite language fluency.
3. Collaborate with underwriters and banks to lawfully mobilize funds provided by the insurance company, followed by managing the transportation and security thereof, and ultimately leading an impeccably-structured ransom delivery which denies the perpetrators control, enhances the safety of the victims, and ensures their irrevocable release.
4. Following release, HXZA provides full scope security and transportation services to rescue and repatriate the victims in coordination with diplomatic contacts, local authorities, affiliated security companies and involved international organizations.
Scan the QR code to read on your phone